Prev: Re: [FT] Needle fleet Next: RE: [DSII] VTOLS and popups

Re: [OT] WWII rules?

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:55:13 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] WWII rules?

In message <20011205182757.48444.qmail@web10806.mail.yahoo.com>, Jakim
Friant w
rites:
> -- Roger Books wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have suggestions for WWII armour (1/300)
> > rules?  We like the alternating move style of DS,
> but
> > nobody in my gaming group is experienced or
> > knowledgable enough to convert historical WWII units
> > to DS units.

I'd suggest Piquet's Point of Attack: Blitzkrieg.  It shares a lot in
common with FMA, IMO.  It also has a lot of things going for it like
three different gaming scales (unit == squad, platoon and battalion)
in the same game.  I enjoy it a lot.

http://www.piquet.com/

I do believe, however, that there are at least two different straight-up
conversions of DS2 to WWII.  One by Mike Elliot, and the other not
(sorry,
I forgot the name).  For an early version of Mike's rules, see
http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/ds2/variants/ww2.html.	I think I came
across the other set on MagWeb.  Ah yes, by Dave Hornung in Courier #80.
http://www.magweb.com/premium/courier/80/tc80dirt.htm but you'll need

Prev: Re: [FT] Needle fleet Next: RE: [DSII] VTOLS and popups