Prev: [LST] [OT] PanzerGrenadier Re: Inventions Next: Re: Questions before my rules even arrive, was: Needle fleet

Re: Questions before my rules even arrive, was: Needle fleet

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:18:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions before my rules even arrive, was: Needle fleet

I'm also new to FT, and still looking at buying the rules, but this
question got me to thinking about another one:

When people say "Smaller ships" are we talking fighters or
Frigate-class ships?

Can these smaller ships be equipped with missiles/rockets for a hard
initial strick then pick apart the damaged foe with smaller weapons?
I would think that the higher maneuverability associated with smaller
ships would help them out... does that concept not make it's way into
FT?

--
Best regards,
 Flak

Tuesday, December 04, 2001, 4:31:26 PM, Brian wrote:

BB> I haven't picked up the rules to FT yet, but plan to soon.	I have
an
BB> interesting question based on some comments made last time I brough
up the
BB> possibility of playing FT.

BB> I recall that everyone has pointed out how quickly small ships die
when
BB> they're sent into the fray.  Has anyone used the tactic of leaving
smaller,
BB> quick ships on the outer edge of a battle, equipped with longer
ranged
BB> weapons, to act as snipers while bigger ships slug it out up close?
Is this
BB> even a plausible conccept within the parameters of FT?  Just
curious.  I
BB> don't even know what the weapons available or their capabilities
are.