Prev: [LST] [OT] PanzerGrenadier Re: Inventions Next: [LST] [OT] PanzerGrenadier Re: Inventions

Re: [OT] PanzerGrenadier

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:21:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] PanzerGrenadier

I haven't played Panzer Grendier either, but it is supposed to be
wargame
closer to the old PanzerBlitz / PanzerLeader style games then other
modern
(read complex) games.  I prefer lower complexity games so I can fight
bigger
battles...

As for Imperium 3rd Millenium, I like it.  Some people complain about
the
tactical combat, specifically that it's not vector based for movement
and
fireing ranges, but they fail to understand is that with the impulse
movement system only fighter move 2 areas in one impulse.  The
difference
between vector based and area based movement on the fighters is only
when
you need to move them on a vector of type <1,1,1> where 1 can be
positive or
negative.  Otherwise there is no limit on fighter movement.  In weapon
ranges, it does make a difference, but if you go with vectors, Strike
Cruisers and fighters become the ultimate weapon.  Why?  They will be
able
to maintain a stand off position out of beam range and bombard the
^%&^%$^##@$ out of a beam armed fleet.	The area based system gives the
beam
armed ships a chance.

I've found a source far information for the unpublished Twilight
expansion...

ias