Prev: RE: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Why we fight (there was an old B&W movie by that name IIRC)

Re: [OT] What mailing list is this again?

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:56:32 -0500

> > ...but marginally less entertaining.  I refuse to take my gaming
> that
> > seriously, by gum!	The more I think about it, the more inclined I
> am to
> > add the forces of the Free Station Of Ankh-Morpork to the
> Tuffleyverse, too.
>
> Ankh-Morpork, Alarish, what's the difference?

Well, maybe a little more structured.  Prime Minister Vetinari ensures
that Ankh-Moropork
is a true democracy, one man, one vote.  Vetinari is the man and he has
the vote....

Besides, Alrish doesn’t ban mimes, does it?  And how can you have a
truly civilized
culture if you allow mimes?

To be marginally more serious, I did have an idea for an Alrishi colony:
A bunch of
academics determined to raise their children as native speakers of
E-Prime, a form of
English that eliminates any use of the verb "to be"

They’d make a good source of weird tech, methinks, not to mention
Illuminati agents.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: RE: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Why we fight (there was an old B&W movie by that name IIRC)