Prev: Re: Back to the Future History was:Re: silly questions re national/unit pride Next: RE: [OT] What mailing list is this again?

Re: [OT] What mailing list is this again?

From: "J Sadler" <jeremy_sadler@h...>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:10:17 +1100

>Can I just say that I have never deleted so many e-mails as I have
lately
>I think this point sums up my utter boredom at the moment..........

hehe yes I know the feeling. :)

>The main problem with the evil empire was that you felt you had no
choice
>but
>to follow the universe as represented in the rules.
>So why are we trying to create the same here?

I'm not sure people are trying to create the same here, though I haven't

been reading _all_ the emails. I know people like having something to
follow, and the canon stuff is a big issue for some people. However as
it
states in the rules, people are free to write their own history -
including
expanding upon the canon stuff. So I guess trying to stop people
expanding
the canon is the same as stopping people expanding their own histories.

Fortunately, Jon has kept rather quiet in all this debate - wisely as I
see
it (bow to you Jon if this is so) because any word out of his mouth is
seen
as "canon", and he would be tying himself up in knots trying to keep up.

Some people get all fired up "protecting" their own little empire or
universe or units what-have-you, and thus things may get a little
heated. I
find it's always advisable to keep your tongue firmly planted in your
cheek
when reading such list messages - take them too seriously and, well, you
may
as well be playing the Evil Empire's rules. :)

Jeremy