Prev: RE: Lord save us from.... Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units

Re: Kurds

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 07:58:09 +0100
Subject: Re: Kurds

> I never said things would be easy for my Turks.
>

> >I'm > assuming that Turkey maintains it's secular
> > > attitude, and freedom actually > improves there.
> >Although I've still to deal with > the Kurdish
> >question.
> >
> >I've been assuming the Kurds threw in with the IFed in
> >exchange for an autonomous Kurdistan. . .
>
> Sounds plausible.

An alternative storyline would be that the Kurds have been accomodated
with
an autonomy settlement and the conflict has died down to manageable
levels
(i.e.it is being waged in court and ballot box rather than with car
bombs
and bullets)

Since the capture of Abdullah Ă–calan, the violence seems to have died
down
(at least it is out of the headlines over here) and you hear of
occasional
steps by Turkish politicians towards greater openness.

This course would be especially likely if you assume the Turks manage to
join the EU some day. They would then go their own way after the
canonical
EU breakup.

Greetings
Kar Heinz

Prev: RE: Lord save us from.... Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units