Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:17:57 -0800
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

I don't doubt the RECIPIENTS would accept the honors.  But the people of

say, Dallas, might object to the honor being called the "Count of
Dallas."
American culture has historically been anti-monarchist.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

>From: WJAL21@aol.com
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale
>Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:41:36 EST
>
>In a message dated 02/12/01 21:32:37 GMT Standard Time,
>bbilderback@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > Sorry, I should have said, "Nobility", not "nobility" - I was
referring
> > the possession of titles/peerage, NOT the personal quality (The two
>seeming
> > to have no direct connection).
> >

>Most Nobility currently are "Life Peers". The title is not passed on to
>descendants.
>Also they are generally awarded to People making an outstanding
>contribution
>to the country. Senior military officers, Chief Constables, civil
servants,
>retired politicians, and very successful businessmen. Of course there
also
>those who get an award for sucking up to the right person, i.e. the
Prime