Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Age of Gaming

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:23:48 -0500
Subject: Age of Gaming

With eleven responses in, the average gamer started on board games at
12, RPGs at 15, and minis at 17, and is currently age 35.  Most
players shifted to minis because of a combination of visual appeal,
more money available to put into the hobby, and fewer players required
in comparison with RPGs.   Favorite game scale is about even between
skirmish, platoon, and divisional-or-above.  Average respondant spends
something like US$650 per year on minis, tools, rules, and terrain
(I'm close to the low end at about $350--of course, I told my wife
about the ones who spend $1000/year...).