Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: RE: Foodstuff

Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:06:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

> Why thank you, how considerate to consolidate all my enemies for me.
It
> would be interesting - A secular Turkish State, a Byzantine
Theocracy, and
> an Islamic Theocracy.  Makes for an interesting 3-way standoff, no?

The Sayeed Khalifate would be a theocracy.
The Islamic Federation is a Sultanate.	The khalif is the religious
head, the sultan is the military "protector".  It's somewhat analogous
to the Japanese shogunate--everyone revered the emperor but the shogun
was the one who can have your head on a spike.	And the infighting
between the amirs is rather reminiscent of the fun and games in which
the daimyos participated--except the amirate is usually a little less
concerned about culture.
All this is IMO, of course, there's nothing canon about this yet.

And as far as standoffs go, you can always get enemies to work
together if you try hard enough.  The AE  declared a truce with the IF
as soon as we figured out the magnitude of the KV threat.

Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: RE: Foodstuff