Prev: Re: 6mm Buildings Next: Re: grav

Low Vs High Tech :was grav

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:46:20 -0600
Subject: Low Vs High Tech :was grav

John,
      No your not, I love doing scenarios with lots of militia trying to
fend off a
superior force. Also mixed tech battles can be very entertaining and not
as
one sided as some may assume. Of course you do have to work it out so
there is some balance on the table but, it can be done.

Don

Okay, am I the only person who ever designs sub-optimal units?	Not
everyone is going to have the best available technology and systems to
work
with; I work under the assumption that Superior is the cutting-edge
technology, advanced beyond the average.  And even the powers that
*have*
such advanced tech aren't always going to be able to get it to the front
lines right away.  I think that it's a safe assumption that some worlds
are
going to be well behind the technology curve.

Besides, it's kinda boring to make every single unit as good as it can
possibly be.  I try to give each force that I design a personality all
its
own -- that usually means making some inefficient choices.  Like 'mechs,
for example.  Or buying slow tracked instead of fast.

Prev: Re: 6mm Buildings Next: Re: grav