Prev: Re: 6mm Buildings Next: Re: 6mm Buildings

Re: grav

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:16:28 -0500
Subject: Re: grav

>I never buy anything but Superior, unless the vehicle's main mission is
as
>an APC or it's main target is infantry, since FCS has no effect on main

>weapons vs. infantry.

Okay, am I the only person who ever designs sub-optimal units?	Not
everyone is going to have the best available technology and systems to
work
with; I work under the assumption that Superior is the cutting-edge
technology, advanced beyond the average.  And even the powers that
*have*
such advanced tech aren't always going to be able to get it to the front
lines right away.  I think that it's a safe assumption that some worlds
are
going to be well behind the technology curve.

Besides, it's kinda boring to make every single unit as good as it can
possibly be.  I try to give each force that I design a personality all
its
own -- that usually means making some inefficient choices.  Like 'mechs,
for example.  Or buying slow tracked instead of fast.

It might be interesting to play a campaign in a setting where Grav
doesn't
have all the bugs worked out of it yet.  Roll a die for each unit before
the game; if you roll badly enough the tank is grounded and needs
repair.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: 6mm Buildings Next: Re: 6mm Buildings