Prev: Re: ROF vs.penetratiin Next: RE: grav

Re: grav everywhere

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:49:20 -0800
Subject: Re: grav everywhere

Well put.  One suggestion I have is to accept the DSII rules as is for
scenarios played in the Tuffleyverse, but if you're playing in another
gameverse, come up with a set of additional abilities and limitations on

Grav based on how it's explained in that universe.

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

>From: bbrush@unlnotes.unl.edu
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: grav everywhere
>Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:23:02 -0600
>

>I've been following the thread on grav vehicles with some interest
(DSII
>being my game of choice in GZG-land).
>
>My overly literal mind keeps coming back to the same thing.  "If it
works
>like that, yes; otherwise....."
>
>What it all boils down to is "How do grav drives work?"  In the one
sci-fi
>universe that I'm familiar with where this is addressed (Renegade
Legion)
>Grav drives are not "anti-gravity" per se.  The grav drives warp the
>planetary gravity  "field" around the tank so that the tank effectively
>"falls" in the direction of travel.  IIRC the crew has artificial
gravity
>inside so that they don't notice the difference.  The tank grav drives
>require more power the weaker the gravity field they're warping, so
that
>the farther away from the surface the more power it takes to move.
This