Prev: Re: [DS] 6mm Bugs Next: Eureka!

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:32:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> I always thought the intent was that if your troops
> carried some sort of
> secondary weapon, say a rocket that they could fire
> both in an
> activation, allowing you to hit 2 targets.

That makes no damn sense.  You do NOT create a higher
volume of fire from an infantry squad by loading them
down with more weapons.  Switching weapons in a
firefight reduces volume of fire, not increases it.

You give soldiers multiple weapons to increase
versatility, not firepower.  ie., a soldier with a
rifle and a buzzbomb is capable of engaging tanks OR
infantry.  Not both at the same time.  Shades of
freakin' Rambo, running around with an M-60 in each
hand.

I can tell you've never fired a weapon.

John

Prev: Re: [DS] 6mm Bugs Next: Eureka!