Prev: [DS] 6mm Bugs Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:53:24 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Besides, if I remember correctly, you CAN'T do that according to the
rules,
> anyway.  I just thought of this now, but I think it says that IAVRs
can be
> fired as against point targets (one IAVR = one action, just like a
GMS/P)
> OR they can be used as a support weapon to support other weapons, like
> SAW.	You can either fire one at a time, or more if *used to support
> rifles* as part of the squad's regular fire.	This produces the
situation,
> agreeably quite silly, where in a squad of six guys, you could have
ONE
> fire his rifle and the other five fire an IAVR.  But according to the
> rules, IIRC, you *must* have at least one "regular weapon" firing to
be
> able to load up on the support weapons.

You CAN do it according to the rules. Support weapons maybe fired
separately, you just don't get the firepower die from the rifles. It
does state this explicetly. If I had my book on hand I'd look it up.

> Look at this another way, I believe that you are NOT allowed to, in
the
> case of the squad you mentioned, have the rifles all fire at one
target
> with one action, and then the squad's TWO support weapons fire at a
> different target with the other action.  You could fire ONE of the
support
> weapons at a different target with a separate action.  Just like you
can't
> fire two GMS/P's from a squad in a single action, if the squad had two
> GMS/P's attached, even if they were shooting at the same target.

We've always alowed multiple support weapons to fire at once. it's
doesn't really make much sense that they can't. YOu don't look at a
target and say, "Ok, Mike you shoot at it now, Brent, you shoot when
Mike's done and pray that it doesn't shoot back while we wait."

Prev: [DS] 6mm Bugs Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions