Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces

Re: MT missiles possibilities

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:22:28 -0800
Subject: Re: MT missiles possibilities

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> However I do not see the "closest" on page 3 that we have, to my
> experience,  used as a guideline... Page 3 says "...any ship..." and
that
> might imply selectiveness.  Hmmm...  Why not largest?  Or fastest?

You can select any target that lies within their attack arc and range.

> 2) The suggested FCS lock-on required during flight sand attack.   So,
if
> I have 10 MT missiles on board, launch all of them at one time then
one
> FCS controls them all?  In one mass formation or individual tracking
for
> all ten by one FCS?  Same single target or multiple targets?

You only need an active FCS to launch all MT Missiles. They don't have
to fly in formation and can break off and do whatever you want them to.

> 3) The FCS is used on turn 1 for launch and general targeting but is
not
> needed on turns 2 and 3 as the AI,using Inertial, stellar, passive
and/or
> active systems attempts wending it's way to the targets available.
>
> Fleet Book 1 is not clear in how the changes for SM's relate to MT
> Missiles so I have looked but don't see what effect, if any, FB1 has
on
> MT Missiles.

The FCS is only needed to launch the missiles. After that they're self
guiding.

The only change FB1 makes to MT missiles is that they can  now be hit on
a 4+ by PDS.

Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: Re: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces