Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: RE: Powers That Be

RE: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:09:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Or isn't recognised as being wide spread. I don't
> know the situation for the
> Americas, but in Africa slavery is still a
> recognised humanitarian concern.

Sudan, for instance.  The Muslim, Arabic majority in
the north of the country is fighting a genocidal war
against the black Animist&Christian southern minority
in the south.  Part of this war is a regular slave
trade, complete with slave raiders, slave caravans,
slave auctions, etc.

It's just that since it's not white people practicing
slavery, but "Africans" doing it to other "Africans",
the liberals don't worry about it.

John

Find a job, post your resume.

Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: RE: Powers That Be