Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: Re: OUDF design Qs

Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:11:35 EST
Subject: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

Okay, lots of times heard "...please excuse this vacc-head..." in
reference to SG2 and DS2 but now:

Please excuse this Space Grunt...

FCS, SM's, MTM's  questions -

I am unsure on FCS limits with SM and MTM's.

Beams require one FCS per target-ship, NB's require one FCS per target
system per ship, but can you use FCS for Sm and/or MTM launches and then
for other weapons in one turn?

For example,

The Bozo class SDN:

Mass 200
Hull Average (30%) 60 boxes 60 mass
FTL Drive 20 mass
Main drive (Thrust 2) 20 mass

Remaining mass 100:
FCS x 4
Ortillery 3 mass
PT, 3 arc 6 mass
Needle Beam 2 mass
Submunition pack x 2 2 mass
SML 3 mass
SMM (12 SM or 8 ER salvos) 24 mass
MT Missiles x 5 10 Mass
1 x Class 1 2 mass
1 x Class 2, 6 arc 3 mass
1 x Class 3, 5 arc 8 mass
1 x Class 4, 3 arc 10 mass
PDS x 10 10 mass
ADFC 2 mass
Armor: 9 mass
Hanger Bay 9 mass (Standard fighters)

Approximately.

Now,
 Could this happen:

1. Write appropriate orders (scribble.)
2. Roll for initiative (I win!)
3. Move Fighter groups (Launch Fighters!)
4. Launch Salvo Missiles (and MT Missiles, I assume)
	A. Fire 1 (or more?) salvo(es) of SM's does each salvo need one
FCS?
	B. Launch 1 (or 1 to 5) MT Missiles - does each MTM need one
FCS?
5. Move ship (creep forward 2")
6. Allocate Missile and Fighter attacks (Inbound!  Inbound!  Many
vampires inbound!!)
7. PDS fire ("...for what we are about to receive...")
8. Missile and Fighter attacks (Boom!)
9. Ships Fire:

Okay Sports Fans,  Here's where I am really unsure

Can I now allocate:
1 FCS for PT
1 FCS for NB
1 FCS for submunition packs
1 FCS for massed Beam(s) attack.

Or does the two launches of SM and MT Missiles above tie up 2 FCS this
turn?

Do I need another FCS (or use the one allotted to the submunitions pack
and not fire the submunitons packs) if I want to fire Ortillery the same
round?	Or is that built in to the system?  And when does Ortillery fire
occur in a turn (I have a scenario in mind)?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: VTOLs again Next: Re: OUDF design Qs