Prev: Re: [OT] Storing Minis Next: Re: FT Fighters Intercepting Missiles

Re: [OT] Storing Minis

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:17:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Storing Minis

>At 07:45 PM 11/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>I am starting to get a fair collection of painted lead, 151mm, 6mm,
>>and FT ships.  I'm looking for ways to organize and store them (so I
>>have room for...more lead).  My thought at the moment is to put them
>>in videotape boxes with some kind of padding, but I'm curious what
>>other listers do?
>
>I use Chessex boxes -- now sold by Alliance.  They hold about 80 25mm
>figures, they are durable as heck, and they transport nicely.	In fact,
>friend of mine lost most of his gaming material to a fire, and his
chessex
>boxes were somewhat melted...but the figures inside (plastic GM space
>marines) came through completely undamaged.  Okay, the white
shoulderpads
>were a little browned by the heat...but it looked GOOD that way.
>
>I know that a lot of folks use gun cases, but I've heard a fair number
of
>stories about these cases being stolen out of locked cars by people who
>thihk that they are getting a gun.

At the risk of being burned or stoned for heresy, I'm actually going to
RECOMMEND a GW/Evil Empire product!  ;-)

Their large briefcase-style figure cases are very useful, and I use
several
for my own collection; they've done three different designs over the
years,
but the latest are the best - three layers of figures neatly protected
by
individual foam cavities sized for 25/28mm, but you can cut several
cavities into one for larger items - and the cases are deep enough for
big
FT ships if you modify the foam accordingly. Apart from the big GW logo
moulded into the lid, they're really nice!

I don't know what they sell for in the US, but over here I only buy them
when our local GW has one of it's 20% sale days, which makes them almost
reasonable.....

Jon (GZG)