Prev: Re: WotW(Was E,C,Last Word) Next: [WotW] Minefields

Re: WotW(Was E,C,Last Word)

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:25:42 -0500
Subject: Re: WotW(Was E,C,Last Word)

aebrain@austarmetro.com.au wrote:

> > Agreed.
> >
> > So what is the WotW?
>
> Mines.
>
> The Mine and Minesweeping rules could do with a once-over for FT3.
>
> Suggest that the MT rules be followed (ie 3" trigger range) , except
that instead of a 1-shot Class-2, make it one of:
> a) A Plasma Ball strength 1
> b) An MT missile
>
> or at double cost
>
> c) An SM missile
> d) A Plasma Ball strength 2

I like submunition packs as mines.  You can set a trigger distance based
on the
number of dice you want to impact the target.  A trigger distance of 18"
will
roll only a single die at the target, but could still cause headaches
for a
destroyer flotilla to cross.

Jon

Prev: Re: WotW(Was E,C,Last Word) Next: [WotW] Minefields