Prev: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)) Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: Ghurkas and Fieldcraft

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:05:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Ghurkas and Fieldcraft

----- Original Message -----
From: <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
> Now agreed we had some time to prepare, we didn't have to move from
our
locations, and they didn't use tracker dogs. But neither were we wearing
cammo uniforms. A lot of this "magic ninja stuff" - Fieldcraft as
practiced
by Apaches, Gurhkas, etc is a lot easier than it sounds. Even rank
amateurs
can do quite well if they give it a bit of thought, while the
professionals
can work apparent miracles *in terrain they know well* (emphasis added).

Or in shadows. I remember some games of hide-and-seek we played in the
evening. Big garden with a large flat open court in the middle. Just a
few
streetlights, no flashlights. I lay down in a shadowy part of the open
court
in what during the day would have been plain sight and they didn't find
me.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)) Next: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)