Prev: Re: Ghurkas and Fieldcraft Next: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers))

Re: OT-Stars and planets and such

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:58:31 +0100
Subject: Re: OT-Stars and planets and such

----- Original Message -----
From: <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
> Beth wrote:
>
> > G'day again,
> > ... and my apologies to any who don't believe in evolution here,
> > I'm not trying to being insulting so just ignore the last bit if it
offends
> > you.
>
> Remember this is an SF list. We have no problems with warp drives, so
such
whacky theories as Evolution, a Heliocentric rather than Geocentric
Solar
System, or even a near-spheroidal Earth should be OK.

> OTOH so should Creationism, a Geocentric Solar System and a planar
Earth.
Regardless, good manners such as yours are never out of place.

Quite right about such ideas as premises for SF.

On the (yet other) hand, if even Beth is defensive about evolution, who
is
going to accept it ?
And yes, I do think it is as well established as the other facts Alan
mentions

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Ghurkas and Fieldcraft Next: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers))