Prev: Re: small powers Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)

Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:25:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> I went to the Unofficial GZG Encyclopedia Galactica page, and I found
a few
> unclaimed stars in just the righ position for a couple of them to hold
the
> CNP.	But I had difficulty making sure they weren't M-class.	Could
someone
> give me a hand with this?

The following are courtesy of the SIMBAD astronomical database.

> They are:
>
> AY Indi

M0.5 flare star. Also known as V* AY Ind.

> Wolf 1495

M2. High propoer motion (ie, it's moving relatively fast in
comparison to others around). Also known as GJ 3809.

> AC 12’2306-155

Had a hard time with this one as the SIMBAD database doesn't recognize
this designation. I had to hop a few catalogs to get this as LTT 5734
or Wolf 1478 before the SIMBAD database would recognize it. It is an
M3.5 variable star; already told you two other designations for it.  ;-)

> Ross 845

M4.5 flare star. Also known as V* GQ Vir.

> Ross 848

M3.5 high proper motion star, also known as GJ 545.

> CD 55’9073

K5 high proper motion star. Also known as HD 211970.

> CD 60’7821 L

M0.5 variable star; also known as NSV 13984. Not sure what
the "L" signifies.

> CP 40’7021 LTT

M2.5 variable star. Also known as NSV 7119 or LTT 6210. Not sure
why the LTT is listed as you have it above; shouldn't be there.

Probably a few good reason why these stars are unclaimed. Now
why the Alarishi haven't already snagged them up is something
to think about...

Mk

Prev: Re: small powers Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)