Prev: Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be Next: Re: Powers That Be

Re: FT: Prospective Novice

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:15:23 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Prospective Novice

On Thursday, November 1, 2001, at 06:56 PM, Brian Bilderback wrote:

> I have seriously been considering making FT my next little splurge.

And an excellent little splurge it is!

> My SPACE wargaming experience consists of a few rounds of Starfleet
> Battles, played decades ago while I was in Jr. High.

It sounds like your "friend" was a serious munchkin. It's people like
that which caused me to give up SFB as well. Generally speaking, FT
players are much more mellow.

> Just like ground combat, I proceeded to get myself demolished time and

> again in SFB.  In space, noone can hear you scream, but they CAN see
> you SUCK.

At least in FT, battles are usually resolved in a few hours, and one
game's loss can generally become another game (read: potential victory)
an hour or so later.

> So what does everyone think?	Will I make an OK spacer?

Who cares ;-) Welcome aboard anyway.

Schoon

Prev: Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be Next: Re: Powers That Be