Prev: Anti GEV mines Next: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:48:51 +1100
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> The OU's theory is "Well, we haven't technically been there, but then
> again no one ever landed on a star anyway, and we can certainly *see*
> that star from here...so we can claim it."

That's what they'd like people to think.
Yes, the above is deliberately ambiguous.

> > So it's spread rather thin. It does, however, mean that any stellar
> cartographer doesn't have to worry about who has claimed all those
> useless M-class systems that don't have owners listed - it's the OU.
>
> Whereas *useful* M-class are claimed by the Alarishi Empire.	:-)

Not so much claimed as occupied. The Alarishi are so darned useful
as live-in caretakers that if they didn't exist, the OU would be forced
to invent them. Half the time, the OU can plausibly deny little
incidents
by blaming it on one lot of Alarishi crazies or another, the other half
they get a reputation for being devious and cunning by blaming it on
the Alarishi who actually did the deed and not being believed.

Prev: Anti GEV mines Next: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship