Prev: RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website Next: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?

Re: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:55:17 -0600
Subject: Re: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

>How many people out there ever stray from the official? "Tuffleyverse"
and
>come up with their own political/military
>powers to scrap it out?

I have NEVER paid much attention to any "official" history of any game I

have played (including, among others: "Warhammer", "40k" and
"Battletech").

The sole exceptions to this rule have been historical wargames, and even

those I have no problem playing what-ifs.

IMHO, if you want a really good sci-fi background it can be had in too
many
sci-fi novels to be listed.  Writers like Heilein and Asimov (for
example)
are tough to beat.  No disrespect to Mr. Tuffley, or anyone else ;-).
But,
unless you are playing a campaign, I personally think players spend too
much
time on this sort of fluff.

Just my two cents mind you.

Scott Clinton
The Grumbling Grognard

Prev: RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website Next: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?