Prev: RE: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and Next: Re: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:15:34 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] OU Defence Force Website

On Tuesday, October 30, 2001 10:11 AM, aebrain@austarmetro.com.au
[SMTP:aebrain@austarmetro.com.au] wrote:
> c) There are a number of really nice designs out there apart from the
BORON stuff, some of which are based on NAC hulls according to the
pictures
(though I can't find those on Brendan's site any more).

http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/ft/oufleet.htm
> and Derek Fulton's at

http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/OU/OUshipDesgins/OUShipDesigns.
htm

> I've deliberately tried to make the background data accomodate these
designs without any contradiction. And from Derek's page, it appears he
has
returned the courtesy even before I did this.

My stuff is a little outdated at the moment, as I haven't had regular
opportunities to play lately.  I generally use FSE hulls when I field
them
at the moment. One problem with some of the designs is the 10%/20% mass
required for streamlining, which is just too high to include for combat
designs.

The Canberra BB was updated after I played in a tournament and got
wasted at
long range due to the lack of beam-3s (but the 2 Kosciusko carriers
obliterated the rest of their fleet).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies