Prev: Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and Next: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:04:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected

> a) The OUDFN's budget barely stretches to having all those zillions
of patrol boats, there's not a lot of money for "Show the Flag" stuff.
The Background on the unofficial GZGpedia states that the majority of
the OU defence budget goes on the Navy, but it's a small nation that
claims more star systems than all other powers combined.

The OU's theory is "Well, we haven't technically been there, but then
again no one ever landed on a star anyway, and we can certainly *see*
that star from here...so we can claim it."

> So it's spread rather thin. It does, however, mean that any stellar
cartographer doesn't have to worry about who has claimed all those
useless M-class systems that don't have owners listed - it's the OU.

Whereas *useful* M-class are claimed by the Alarishi Empire.  :-)