Prev: RE: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: RE: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:09:13 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

> Has anyone attempted scratch building a dropship (a la the big GZG
one)?  I
> can't afford the commercial thing and was wondering how one would do
it -
> balsa, stockcard, foamboard??

Depends on how big you want.  If I were doing a 15 or 25mm, I'd be
tempted to start with a block of floral foam ("oasis") and carve that
into shape, then cover with glue for a good surface (maybe you could
use primer spray?  haven't tried) and add details.

Prev: RE: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: RE: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship