Prev: Re: [FT] Designing ships...was RE: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?

Re: Hi from a newcomer !

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:47:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Hi from a newcomer !

Roger Burton West wrote:

> On or about Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:13:06AM -0400, Jon Davis typed:
>
> >One thing you have to be aware of is not adding a lot of "cheese"
> >to your ship designs.  Full Thrust, 2 edition, was vulnerable to
these
> >designs as Mark Siefert could tell you from his gaming experiences.
> >The uberDreadnought with three screens and loads of Class A
batteries.

> With thrust 8, of course.

As a minimum! :-)

> >The Fleet Book 1 has made vast inroads in the balancing of designs,
> >but the "cheese" players still manage to find weaknesses.  Right now,
> >the design rules for the Sa'Vas'Ku of FB2 can be highly cheesed into
> >gross and abominable designs.
>
> Go on... I haven't played with them much yet, but they seem fairly
> sensible. What sort of problems have you found?
>
> Roger

I haven't used the new Sa'Vas'Ku design rules either.  There was a
recent
thread on this specific topic in the past month or so.

The main problem is the ability to design a stinger node/energy
combination
that can be cranked up to make it an absurd long range sniper weapon.

Prev: Re: [FT] Designing ships...was RE: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?