Prev: Re: WWII DSII Next: Re: WWII DSII

RE: Sinking GEV's

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:38:57 -0400
Subject: RE: Sinking GEV's

At 10:48 AM -0400 10/18/01, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:
>If you use the same house rule for wheeled/tracked vehicles in mud,
marsh,
>snow. Tires/Tracks sink in and get bogged down.

Then explain the variation in cross country mobility between the HVSS
and VVSS shermans of WWII. A larger vehicle with greater surface area
on the supporting structure will be able to better cross a given
layer of ground.

Witness the use of Scorpions in the falklands campaign where the
wheeled vehicles were confined to roads.

I'm not saying that the rule is really a bad idea, just that perhaps
you're trying to add too much individual design complexity into a
vehicle.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \	   Protect Freedom AND Security        -
-    NRA	  \	http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/     -

Prev: Re: WWII DSII Next: Re: WWII DSII