Prev: RE: The Tonk "long" Next: Re: Interesting Paint

Interesting Paint

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:49:23 -0500
Subject: Interesting Paint

I was in the local craft store today, looking for some matte finish, and
found something
new and different.

It's an acrylic FolkArt color: Sparkles Holographic Glitter (#267).
It's a white paint
(which dries clear) with a very fine glitter suspended in it.  The
glitter is really neat:
it shifts color according to the angles that it's being viewed at.

You need to apply it pretty thickly (or in several coats) if you want to
get a decent
amount of glitter, but the effect is quite nice.  Just as an experiment,
I added it to the
tips of the "probes" of the Gray Aliens that I'm painting right now,
atop some flourescent
red paint that I had previously applied, and it looks pretty good.

I'm not sure what else I'm going to use it for, but I'm a shameless
paint whore, and could
not resist picking up a bottle of "Holographic" paint.

I'm a weak man.  But I'm a weak man with a lot of neat paint.

John Crimmins	  johncrim@voicenet.com

http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: RE: The Tonk "long" Next: Re: Interesting Paint