Prev: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm Next: Heavy IAVRs

Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:50:00 -0400
Subject: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm

At 6:35 PM -0500 10/10/01, Jim Callahan wrote:

>Right...and all that cool terrain that you built painstakingly and
>lovingly will finally have a use besides gather dust and "when are
>you gonna clean up that crap off the kitchen table" comments from
>the spouse...

Well, I'm safe from that. I now have a house but have no spouse.
Sadly thought I have many things that were my mothers so space is
rather constricted at this point....

>point taken... maybe a 30 drawer cabinet. I usually don't bring what
>I am not going to fight with and 50 figgies DOES make for a nice
>sized battle, with

Company sized battles are nice in 25mm (closer to 100 figs) but a
battalion sized game in 6mm/1:300 is really nice. Combined arms is
where its at....

>time left over for visiting and beer-drinking which is why I play in
>the first place.  I don't care less if my 45th level dwarf has a +18
>mace of planetary destabilization or not, I wanna get together with
>my firends, have fun, and drink beer.	For me that is the draw.

No beer, it spoils my concentration...But yes to coffee or tea.

>I don't even know what the heck you are talking about much less do I
>know the first thing about GW terminology.
>
><monotonaic drone> Games Work$hop is your friend...Games Work$hop is
>your friend...Games Work$hop is your friend...Games Work$hop is your
>friend...Games

Doesn't work on me. I have a bonus on my will power save as I'm a
former Squat player from the 40K Rogue Trader era.
- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	 \	   Protect Freedom AND Security        -
-    NRA	  \	http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/     -

Prev: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm Next: Heavy IAVRs