Prev: Re: [OT] 1s r us chuckle Next: Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted

Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 08:59:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted

Thanks,

That is as I feared.  And for my proposes 31-32mm tall for a guy in PA
may
be just a wee bit small when standing next to figures that are that
height
without PA (i.e. GW Orks).  I don't know, I will have to get the ruler
out
when I get home.

Now, this is just me talkin' here...

But there are a lot of folks that would love an alternative to GW's
figures/prices BUT, they (we) already have a lot of time and money
invested
in 28mm figures and true 25mm figures just look to small when fielded
next
to these larger figures.

I tried to mix the scales with the "Star Wars" boxed sets for
stormtroopsers
that came out a few years ago.	I figured the white would help them look

bigger but while it can work for aliens and such, human's in power armor

just end up looking too small.

Another Club 100 figure I was wondering about was the "Space Dwarf" GZG
is
doing for the Club 100.  I have quite a few old GW "squats" that I use
and
GW no longer produces "Squat" figures.	Currently only three other
companies
produce a grand total of 18 "space dwarf" figures (that I know of).  And

IMHO only about a half dozen are worth getting.

IMHO GZG could sell a decent number of "space dwarves" IF they were in
the
28mm scale and GZG produced a complete line of figures (i.e. more than
just
a handful of poses).  But, nobody wants a "space dwarf" that only comes
up
to an ork's knees so they would have to be in the 28mm scale to be
viable
(IMHO).

Thanks for the info,
Scott Clinton