Prev: RE: [OT] Starcraft Re: Looking for minis.... Next: RE: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

RE: FT-Forts

From: "Alister Crowe" <croweall@b...>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:08:01 +1000
Subject: RE: FT-Forts

I once saw this system where the vessel was divided into seperate
vessels
(such as in the case of a Star Destroyer (that thing was HUGE)). Each of
these sub-section had to be wiped out before the vessel was destroyed
fully.
This reflected the fact that these things are massive, so a hit in the
Fore
arc would hit the Fore section of the hull, instead of just the hull.
Hence
you could punch out the Fore section without damaging the rest of the
station. However, now there is a nice big weak point, begging to have
missile shoved into it.

Instead of a mass-keeping drive (and allowing stations to move around),
how
about a secondary reactor that powers the station-keeping equipment as
well
as life support, weapons etc etc. Maybe at the same mass rate of a MD,
but
without the MD abilities. Besides, if the MD system goes down (due to
threshold) the station will start to fall out of orbit.

Space stations would also be able to equip more advanced ECM systems to
combat missiles, as well as if you have a mass-300 station, it should
have a
LOT of PDS, for its size. If you don't protect a big asset like a
station,
then you deserve to have it blown up.

Derek & Beth: Once I get my station model, we should organise for some
playtesting of these rules...

You received this from Alister Crowe
ICQ: 77614478
AIM: Zeruelofmecha
"And lo, we the techs build the set and hang the lights and cue the
sound
and fly the drapes and build a wonderful show. And Lo, the actor shows
up,
misses his cue, falls on the set, stands out of the light, says the
wrong
line and trips into the new scrim. And we think 'what a wonderful show
except for the goddamn actor.'"
"An actor without techies is a naked person standing in the dark trying
emote. A techie without actors is a person with markedtable skills."
-Mark
Leslie