Prev: Re: Test Next: Re: [DS] Missile question

Re: Help this poor Vac-Head

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 21:56:54 EDT
Subject: Re: Help this poor Vac-Head

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:29:25 +1200 "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>
writes:
>Roger asked:
>> One big failing all of us had, what do you do with Infantry?
>
>Find points you want to keep hold of and dump your infantry there. It
>helps
>if those point are covered in forest as well.

A nice GMS/L or one of the web sites with alternative "heavy weapons'
(plasma gun/cannons?) backing up grunts in cover can make those light
recon guys scouting out the "Must Have" terrain unhappy.  And sometimes
you get lucky with "Medium" tanks... (size 3)!

And remember the Infantry officers best friends - Artillery and CAS
(Close Air Support).!!!  Never, never let your F.O. or F.A.C. get hurt
(if you are lucky enough to have them!) and they can make your day much
happier.

Infantry can be very important in a counter-reconnaissance battle too.
Love them scouts!  Unfortunately DS 2 does somewhat down play those
skills/units.  I have thought of a force having 'attached' Recon assets
(vehicles need not be with in normal distances of each other, act as
F.O.'s, cost double F.O. in points, can camouflage if in position prior
to start of game (really easy if you use dummy counters in deployment -
just had four for each scout and one is 'attached' recon guys, other
three are dummies.  One Platoon of 3-4 vehicles is a maximum, possibly
understrength unit for scenarios a' la St. Vith.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com (who has 'tons' of assorted 6mm/8mm
infantry!)
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Test Next: Re: [DS] Missile question