Prev: Re: Site Test Next: [FT] NIFT pages (NI, WDA, etc) back online

Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 07:55:02 -0400
Subject: Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

> Other Moslem, rather than Arab, successes:
> The various Afghan wars
> WWI.: Gallipoli and repulsing the British expedition to Bagdad

ok

> For Arab successes, the Saudi conquest of Arabia (1920's)

I guess if it's Arabs fighting Arabs, then the Arabs will be
successful either way.	I'd accept the first Saudi king as being a
great leader, although the Islamic Federation (which overthrew the
House of Sa'ud) would rather that no one mentioned it

> and the guerilla
> war against the Turks in WWI (known through Lawrence of Arabia)
could be cited.

Prev: Re: Site Test Next: [FT] NIFT pages (NI, WDA, etc) back online