Prev: Re: Paymasters of 2183 Next: Web sites (was Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits)

Re: Paymasters of 2183

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:36:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Paymasters of 2183

I said:
> Is there a scenario which would require long-term coldsleep and does
not
> involve slower-than-light interstellar travel?  (Other than, perhaps,
ESU
> troops who're assigned to "the Reserves")

Actually, that last might make a good SG scenario.  If an enemy is
planning
an offensive war in a couple of years, he might train new troops and
then
freeze them (as an economy measure) until he's ready to attack.  If you
find
out about the attack, you could send in commandos to to disrupt their
plans,
eg blowing up the freezers before the troops arrive--that way the enemy
has
the troops (which he has to maintain) and has lost the investment he put
into the freezer.
 If you're really ambitious, you could wait until the troops are frozen,
then capture the base and take the troopers with you when you leave.
Wake
them up and explain "You can enlist with our Foreign Legion, or you can
go
to a POW asteroid."

Prev: Re: Paymasters of 2183 Next: Web sites (was Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits)