Prev: Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits Next: RockCon anyone?

RE: FT Forts

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 06:11:18 -0700
Subject: RE: FT Forts

> On or about Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:35:09PM +1000,
> aebrain@austarmetro.com.au typed:
>
> >In order for stations (by that I mean any stationary shiplike
> things) to be useful but not too-powerful, we need to be able to
> balance them vs missiles.
> >
> >How to do this? Some of my ideas are below - but regardless of
> how good or bad my proposed solutions are, I'd like people to
> think about the problem.

I personally think that the answer is inherent. Yes, missles are very,
very
nasty against a stationary target. But that stationary target has lots
of
(free) armor, and has a bunch of space that isn't being used for drives
that
can be spent on PD.The issue isn't that bases need better PD, it's that
they
need more.

That and the *tactics* involved in using forts are going to highly
different, as will the tactics for fighting them. <g>

More PD, and a SDB protection force sound the answer to me. Perhaps a
series
of smaller stations with ADFC in order to maximize protection around the
larger battle station would help also.

Leave the combat rules/points as they are.

David

Prev: Re: Jon's Landmate Heavy Powered Suits Next: RockCon anyone?