Prev: RE: [FT] Space Battlestations (was: FT-Forts) Next: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

[OT] (ish) New Toy - Patriot Launcher/Tractor

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:15:53 -0400
Subject: [OT] (ish) New Toy - Patriot Launcher/Tractor

Purchased while at Ft. Sarno, PA.....

What I believe is a 25mm Patriot Missile
Launcher. Cabover front end, part die cast part
plastic. Camo scheme of greens, US Army logos
painted on. Trailer is a large 2x2 box-launcher
containing a flip open top, 2 large missiles, and
jacks etc. for operation sans truck front.
Launcher stands to about 45 degrees.
Launcher is green plastic, as I believe is truck
bed. US Army decals (easily removed).

Other than repainting the cabover to get rid of
the US Army logos (not decals, unfortunately),
this is perfect 25mm fodder for a big
Scud/Patriot/ICBM style launcher. Trailer/missile
box is about 8" long, and with the truck
attacked, add another 3". A true 25mm (NSL
Pzgd as a case in point) stands the same
height as the door on the tractor and looks in-
scale.

Toy had no name, but the line (Premier Classics
#78508) is TM of Ames Dept. Stores. It is a
"Mighty Wheels" vehicle. It cost a whole $4.99
USD and I'd buy another one if I could have
found it. So keep your eyes open, this one is a
great find for FMAS/SG special forces mission
target or as something to defend, evac or steal
in other scenarios. Just as Set Dressing, it looks
pretty cool.

Tomb.

PS - Also, thanks to KR for getting an oddball
shipment of terrian to me after the shipping
nightmare of Sept 11. It got home in one piece,
and is going to build some very cool things.

PPS - Thanks to David Dunn for attempting to
get six Resin kits to me on time.... it wasn't for
lack of trying. I guess I'll pick these up on the
way to ECC V. (Subliminal Message: GO TO ECC
V - It'll be AWESOME!).

Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: RE: [FT] Space Battlestations (was: FT-Forts) Next: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183