Prev: RE: [DSII] House rules for sinking GEV's Next: Re: IAVRs

Re: Mondo was Re: IAVRs

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:10:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Mondo was Re: IAVRs

Bob Makowsky wrote:

> Glenn,
>
> I do not usually recommend TV shows as I watch as little as you.
Babylon 5
> however, if watched from the start is a very good story.  The writer
had a 5
> year arc with prehistory going back about 800 years.	It went its 5
seasons
> and they ended it even though it was still popular.  Due to the well
thought
> out and pre-taping story it does not suffer from the "neato wiz bang
thing
> we used last week does not exist this week to help us" as Star Trek is
want
> to do.
>
> I would definitely give it a watch.

My personal preference would be to only watch to the end of season 4.
Season 5
has some embarrassingly bad storylines and plot points.  For example, I
was sure
that Byron was meant to be a sympathetic character, not a psi-empowered,
whiny
brat.  Like the chaos theorist in Jurassic Park, I could not wait for
him to
die.  Although, I really did enjoy "A View from the Gallery", which
features a
pair of janitors trying to piece together what is going on, as they
muddle
through their insignificant role in a terrible crisis, never able to see
the big
picture.

Prev: RE: [DSII] House rules for sinking GEV's Next: Re: IAVRs