Prev: RE: [HIST] Recent events and the GZG Universe (off-list) Next: Re: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON]

RE: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON]

From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@i...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:39:46 -0400
Subject: RE: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON]

Oerjan,
Thanks for your critique!

I agree with you that the results are much less different between
weapons than with the chit pulling. I also realized that All/2 is
closer to the Red validity than Red & Yellow, but wanted to keep
the simplisity of a single shift in die type.

One of the things that I have considered is to require both the
Power Die and the Impact Die rolls exceed the Armor die roll for
a kill. One exceeding would result in a damage marker. A tie on
the higher die would result in a roll for immobile, or systems
down. This results in a broader range of results and the results
are less deadly. However, it does result in a LOT of damaged
vehicles.

I am in the process of capturing the percentages to kill, damage,
immobilize, cause a systems down, cause a firer systems down, and
have no effect at all for each of the weapon sizes and chit
validities. I also want to capture the probabilities for my
original dice system, the dice system as revised above, and for
rolling size number of validity dice vs armor level number of d12s
(both adding and just using highest). I will let you know when I
complete the project.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
---

PS. Sorry about the IVAR. I am dyslexic and did not notice that I
have been reading it incorrectly all along.