Prev: Re: [LST] Repeat posts? Next: Re: FMA DSII+

FMA DSII+

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:46:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: FMA DSII+

Yes, I know, DS is already FMA.  I'm talking about dropping
chits and going to a SG style of fire resolution.  Here
are the initial ideas, probably paraphrased out of SG with
minor mods.

The attacker rolls 2 dice, one based on Fire control
and range,  the other based on crew quality.

	    Close   Medium   Long
Hand aimed   d4       --      --

Basic	     d8       d6      d4

Advanced     d10      d8      d6

Superior     d12      d10     d8

The defender rolls one die based on signature:

1   d12
2   d10
3   d8
4   d6
5+  d4

The die class may be modified, it can never be
more than d12 or less than d4, this is _not_ an
open shift.

Hull down	+1 DC
Turret down	+2 DC
Evading 	+1 DC
Popup		+2 DC
Infantry in	+2 DC
  soft cover

Results:

If defender beats attacker		  no affect
If one attack die beats defenders die	  minor hit
If both attack dice beats defenders die   major hit

Minor Hit, Roll Weapon size in appropriate die type and total.
	   Roll Armour level in d12's and total.

Major  Hit, Roll 2XWeapon size in appropriate die type and total.

Do a comparision as in SG.

One thing I still need is a chart.  I'm assuming all weapons do
d12 in close range (works in nicely with SG) and drop die types
depending on the weapon.

Thoughts?

Prev: Re: [LST] Repeat posts? Next: Re: FMA DSII+