Prev: Re: [SG] Unit Cohesion Next: Re: [FT]Mold probs(Was Scratchbuilding questions)

Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based WW2 Naval

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:19:29 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based WW2 Naval

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 10:40:22 -0400, Richard and Emily Bell
<rlbell@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>NeoMatrix wrote:
>
>> Someone out there was developing these...  Any progress ?

I have done considerable work on a Russo-Japanese War version.

I'm not 100% happy with it. I was using beam weapon ideas for guns, but
naval
guns don't have linear probabilities. I've figured away around that,
though.

In the end, it doesn't look a LOT like FT. It's only about 30% FT with
another
30% FT inspired. For instance, hull boxes work ala FT. So do thresholds.
Critical systems, though, are similar to that used in FT but obviously
expanded. Movement is a fair bit different.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [SG] Unit Cohesion Next: Re: [FT]Mold probs(Was Scratchbuilding questions)