Prev: Re: FT-Starfire conversions Next: Re: [DS] What's the good word?

RE: Fighter Rules

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:29:32 +0100
Subject: RE: Fighter Rules

In message <C6B11301984B7B4482835995B486A53626084C@molly.tas.csiro.au>
you wrote:

> G'day,
>
> >Fighters can only make ONE attack
> >before needing to return to their
> >carrier for re-arming.
>
> Ouch that's a bit rough! OK I haven't thought about it in terms of
moving
> after the ships, but off the top of my head I would've given them at
least 2
> attacks. By the way how long does it take to re-arm?
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Well, the idea was to simplify the fighter rules to allow for easy use
of
large numbers of fighters, so, hopefully, the reduction in capability
would be off-set by using more fighters (as, at least according to
this list, fighter capability scales non-linearly with numbers). :-)

Which is why only one attack - easier to keep track of.

For re-arming, use the re-arming rules in FB2, p4.

Charles

Prev: Re: FT-Starfire conversions Next: Re: [DS] What's the good word?