Prev: Re: [DS] What's the good word? Next: Re: FT-Starfire conversions

Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:51:45 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Full Thrust-based fighter rules?

Bill Nitsche wrote:

>One of the members of my wargames group is toying with the idea of
using
>full thrust as a base for a set of fighter rules.  The idea is to get
the
>feel of a fighter dogfight with the simplicity of the full thrust
system.
>I'm sure that this has been done before, so I'm hoping someone on the
list
>can give something to compare.  Thanks!

The simplest is to restrict weapons to (F)-arc only... though you might
want to use KV drives too :-)

Apart from that, since the game scales aren't fixed all you have to do
is
choose a time/distance/mass scale such that a "normal-sized" unit is a
fighter rather than a large spaceship.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DS] What's the good word? Next: Re: FT-Starfire conversions