Prev: Re: Game Smoke (was: RE: Scenarious) Next: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ...

War games and war was Re: Just heard the news

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:39:23 +0100 ()
Subject: War games and war was Re: Just heard the news

> Why is it that war games seem so... well, Fun... but the real thing is
> so... Horrific?  Is it because it has the 'distance' of history or
(for
> SF and Fantasy) 'not reality' or because we compartmentalize our minds
so
> easily?

Well I wargame Sci-Fi and Fantasy because of not wanting to get bogged
down
with uniform colours or whether or not this type of tank was ever in the
same theater
of war as this other type etc etc.

Wargaming is just that a game. I consider myself a wargamer not a
warmonger which
is an important point.
And anyway no one seems to worry about making money out of producing war
films
nor computer games and simulations of war time which are very graphic.

Jeremey Claridge
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Game Smoke (was: RE: Scenarious) Next: Re: [DS] Counters instead of lead ...