Prev: [DS] Counters instead of lead ... Next: War games and war was Re: Just heard the news

Re: Game Smoke (was: RE: Scenarious)

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:20:47 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: Game Smoke (was: RE: Scenarious)

For smoke I used cotton wool dyed it grey and sprayed it with
lacquer. Went all stiff and looks great on the battlefield.

Here is an interesting option on smoke as well.
I only have a limited number of cotton wool smoke markers.
Each time a vehicle was destroyed (not just damaged) we
would place the cotton wool down. Any ranged fire having
to shoot through the smoke got reduced by a range band.
(is that already in the rules? can't remember) anyway
the other part is when ever we ran out of smoke the player
who's vehicle was destroyed was allowed to take a smoke
marker from anywhere else.
Throughout a game this gave the impression of fires dying out
but also gave better realism to taking out leading vehicles to
blind those following behind.

Oh and what is a 'Scenarious'?
a 'Serious Scenario'? *joke* - (remember them?)

Jeremey Claridge
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: [DS] Counters instead of lead ... Next: War games and war was Re: Just heard the news