Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing- 3070 PBEM

RE: [OT] Alien Figures

From: Beth.Fulton@m...
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:29:13 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT] Alien Figures

G'day Brian,

>Xenomorph (from Aliens):
>Adults:
>1. Move 6" (as Power Armor)

Experience with the Daleks and "GZG bugs" in DS2 suggests that you may
want
to up this a little (maybe 8" they were pretty fast blighters) otherwise
it
could take all day for anything to happen.

>6. Aliens can go into hiding in ANY cover (any terrain but clear).

So just not open ground?

>At night, they may go into hiding in ANY terrain

So even in the open? Just checking by the way.

>7. AFPCs do not work against xenomorphs
>attacking from hiding (see above).

As the xenomorph must CA to attack then why wouldn't the APFC's work?
Don't
they automatically go off when the sensors are tripped?

>9. Acid Splash. If an alien squad is
>killed within 1" of another unit that
>unit may take damage from the acid splash.

Do you mean other xenomorph units too? I would've thought they'd be
pretty
immune to their own blood ;)

>13. Xenomorphs are immune to the effects
>of hostile environments

At least the ones humans are likely to be able to tolerate. You may want
think about punishing them a little in scenarios where they're up
against PA
in VERY hostile (hot/cold) environments. Maybe something along the lines
of
PA are dropped into "furnace" (or "freezer") conditions and must do what
they have to do in 5 turns or their suits will overload. Unbeknownst to
the
PA there's some aliens down there too. The aliens aren't incapacitated
by
the conditions, but if they try to hide without being in cover (i.e. the
kind of cover anybody can hide in without trying to thermal match) then
they
do 2 chits worth of damage to themselves (risk of messing up their
system as
they try to thermal match).

Just a thought

Prev: Re: Scenarious Next: Re: [FT] Vector racing- 3070 PBEM