Prev: Re: [OT] Alien Figures Next: Re: [OT] Alien Figures

RE: TOE/Archive

From: "mrUseless" <mruseless@h...>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 07:44:33 -0600
Subject: RE: TOE/Archive

Here's a summary of the TO&E from the Slammers:

Sec I: HQ Battalion
a) HQ: Col Hammer, staff, battalion officers, sattellite launch and
maintenance, finance, security. 153 effectives.
b) Maintenance: 3 tank and 6 combat car transporters. 212 effectives.
c) Communications: 143 effectives.
d) Medical: 60 effectives
e) Supply: 143 effectives
f) Intelligence: Imagery Interp and Mind probe units. 84 effectives.
g)Transport: 312 men, 288 air cushion trucks.
h) Combat Engineers: 3-16 man platoons, each on a pair of tank-chassis
Engineer Vehicles. 50 effectives.
i) Recreation: Variable from world to world.

Sec II: Combat Cars
8 companies, each of 1 command car and 4 line platoons. Each platoon of
1
command car and 5 combat cars. 100 effectives.

Sec III: Tanks
4 companies, each of 1 command tank and 4 line platoons. Each platoon of
4
tanks. 36 effectives.

Sec IV: Infantry
4 Companies, each of 4 platoons. Each platoon of four 10-man line
squads,
two 2-man tribarrel teams (jeep mounted), one 2-man 100mm mortar team
(jeep
mounted), and a command element. All but heavy weapons on 1-man
skimmers.
202 effectives.

Sec V: Artillery
3 batteries of 200mm self-propelled rocket howitzers. Each battery of 6
tubes, 1 command car, and 2 munitions haulers. 37 effectives.

Sec VI: Replacement
1500 men, 10 tanks, 25 combat cars, 100 trucks. Combat personnel trained
on
site, acting as extra drivers, loading crews, camp police, and firebase
security until sent into combat to fill casualty losses.

Hope this gives you some good ideas! By the way, Hammer's Slammers is no
longer in print, but the various essays are now under new titles by
Baen:
The Tank Lords, The Butcher's Bill, and Caught in the Crossfire.

Eric

http://members.home.net/mruseless