Prev: Alien Figures Next: RE: TOE/Archive

Re: [OT] Alien Figures

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 06:47:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Alien Figures

Natch, you see the Leading Edge Aliens, 25mm, regularly on eBay, and
tending towards less pricey than I used to pay.

If you're interested in 15mm, I know that Friekorps(sp?), distributed in
the US by Outland Games, do a fair, if beefy, bug.

If desperate, you can try what I did many years ago, and take some
plastic
skeletons, replace the head with a carved 'lima bean' from round sprue,
with the mouth part sheared from the skulls. Black base paint and a
quick
dark grey dry-brush, and I know I surprised myself.

I never did get the back pipes right, though.

I was going to take this off list, but wondered if other list members
had
knowledge of not-Aliens, though, if I missed them on the GZG site, I'll
bow
my head now.

Also, has anybody tried working up SGII rules for these? They tend to be
closer to fauna than troops, so I suppose someone's lions and tigers
from
darkest Africa conversion might work.

I did collect a bunch of Kenner <>6" bugs, hoping to get some
action-figure-to-colonial-marines conversions, but never found the right
army guys, though I thought I was close with some Marx-style WWII GI's,
if
I could have figured how to work with the soft plastic. Also, I had my
visions crushed by the folks that did the 12" GI JOES and Ken dolls with
large Tsukuda bugs at Gencon. *sigh*

Richard, was there a particular number you needed, and what size?

Prev: Alien Figures Next: RE: TOE/Archive